View the Yacht Club Directory
The Southern California Yachting Association was organized in 1921 to provide a much-needed communication, educational, and organizational service to the yachting community in Southern California and Arizona. Our objectives are to provide a forum for sharing ideas, identifying and engaging in governmental issues that affect recreational boating, promoting events, acknowledging excellence, and providing a social and educational platform to build a stronger boating community.
Regular SCYA meetings allow member club officers to build a rapport with other officers, often making lifetime friendships. Presentations are:
- Relevant to timely issues
- Reach back in the past that paved the path to today
- Recognize people for major accomplishments or are expert in their field of study or sport
- Mentoring opportunities to enlighten and overcome obstacles
SCYA assists yacht clubs in Opening Day efficiency by coordinating a master schedule to reduce date conflicts; as well as providing a mailing list so clubs can invite other SCYA member club flag officers to celebrate their special day.
There are also publications that SCYA produces for its member clubs:
- The SCYA Race Calendar that conveniently lists races and regattas from Santa Barbara to Arizona to the Mexican border
- The Yearbook contains member clubs' Officers, Delegates and Alternatives and their contact information
- "The Yachting Protocol Guidelines" is a guide of the traditions in the modern world of conduct and etiquette used in the yachting community and is a handy resource for yachtsmen and leadership
In addition, SCYA provides sail numbers as a service to the yachting community in Area J.
If you club is interested in attracting new quality members and retaining the ones they have SCYA can help you do that. On Saturday October 26th a membership seminar will be held at Cabrillo Beach Yacht Club where we will answer your questions and share ideas of what...Read More »
The 35th annual California Coastal Cleanup Day is scheduled for Saturday, September 21. There are more than 1,000 locations participating throughout the state, and the event is expected to draw tens of thousands of participants who want to help remove trash from California's beaches and inland waterways.
In 2018, nearly 60,000...Read More »
The American Legion Yacht Club is pleased to announce we have secured a date to host our postponed Opening Day ceremony, Sept. 28 at 4:00PM. Many of you know ALYC had a challenging year due to a disagreement with our partner and host facility American Legion Post 291 in Newport...Read More »
The Arizona Yacht Club Board of Directors invite the members of SCYA to their opening day festivities on Saturday September 21. Breakfast will be served at 9:30 am and the ceremonies will start at 10:30 am. This is followed by dinner, raffle prizes and live music at 5:00...Read More »