View the Yacht Club Directory
The Southern California Yachting Association was organized in 1921 to provide a much-needed communication, educational, and organizational service to the yachting community in Southern California and Arizona. Our objectives are to provide a forum for sharing ideas, identifying and engaging in governmental issues that affect recreational boating, promoting events, acknowledging excellence, and providing a social and educational platform to build a stronger boating community.
Regular SCYA meetings allow member club officers to build a rapport with other officers, often making lifetime friendships. Presentations are:
- Relevant to timely issues
- Reach back in the past that paved the path to today
- Recognize people for major accomplishments or are expert in their field of study or sport
- Mentoring opportunities to enlighten and overcome obstacles
SCYA assists yacht clubs in Opening Day efficiency by coordinating a master schedule to reduce date conflicts; as well as providing a mailing list so clubs can invite other SCYA member club flag officers to celebrate their special day.
There are also publications that SCYA produces for its member clubs:
- The SCYA Race Calendar that conveniently lists races and regattas from Santa Barbara to Arizona to the Mexican border
- The Yearbook contains member clubs' Officers, Delegates and Alternatives and their contact information
- "The Yachting Protocol Guidelines" is a guide of the traditions in the modern world of conduct and etiquette used in the yachting community and is a handy resource for yachtsmen and leadership
In addition, SCYA provides sail numbers as a service to the yachting community in Area J.
NOSA will again be running 3 courses heading south on April 26th 2019, Newport to Ensenada, Newport to San Diego and Newport to Dana Point. Registration is now open and the NOR is posted at NOSA.org. There will be something for everyone in this 72 annual running...Read More »
Read More »
Southern California Yachting Association
Installation of 2019 Officers
January 12, 2019
A look at BCYC from our start in 1958 through today.
BCYC Opening Day
Want to know more please go to BCYC.org...Read More »
As the 2018 Midwinter Regatta concludes with the LGYC regatta on May 19th, the 2019 race committee is already gearing up for the 90th annual running of the SCYA Midwinter Regatta. The event is scheduled for the weekends of February 9/10 and 16/17. We understand that there are sometimes conflicts...Read More »