View the 2017 Opening Day Calendar and Yacht Club Directory
The Southern California Yachting Association was organized in 1921 to provide a much-needed communication, educational, and organizational service to the yachting community in Southern California and Arizona. Our objectives are to provide a forum for sharing ideas, identifying and engaging in governmental issues that affect recreational boating, promoting events, acknowledging excellence, and providing a social and educational platform to build a stronger boating community.
Regular SCYA meetings allow member club officers to build a rapport with other officers, often making lifetime friendships. Presentations are:
- Relevant to timely issues
- Reach back in the past that paved the path to today
- Recognize people for major accomplishments or are expert in their field of study or sport
- Mentoring opportunities to enlighten and overcome obstacles
SCYA assists yacht clubs in Opening Day efficiency by coordinating a master schedule to reduce date conflicts; as well as providing a mailing list so clubs can invite other SCYA member club flag officers to celebrate their special day.
There are also publications that SCYA produces for its member clubs:
- The SCYA Race Calendar that conveniently lists races and regattas from Santa Barbara to Arizona to the Mexican border
- The Yearbook contains member clubs' Officers, Delegates and Alternatives and their contact information
- "The Yachting Protocol Guidelines" is a guide of the traditions in the modern world of conduct and etiquette used in the yachting community and is a handy resource for yachtsmen and leadership
In addition, SCYA provides sail numbers as a service to the yachting community in Area J.
Southern California Yachting Association
Board and General Membership Meeting May 12 at
Del Rey Yacht Club 13900 Palawan Way, Marina Del Rey, 90292
Board Meeting 4:30pm General Meeting & Dinner 6 pm
Presentation of the George & Kay...Read More »
Medical Emergencies At Sea
Long Beach Yacht Club
CORONA DEL MAR, December 2016 – Where do women sailors go to learn? The Southern California Yachting Association (SCYA) will hold its 28th Annual Women’s Sailing Convention on Saturday, February 4, 2017, at the Bahia Corinthian Yacht Club in Corona del Mar, California. The daylong, ladies-only series...Read More »
SCYA Midwinter Regatta 2017 Announced
29 November 2016…. The SCYA Midwinter Regatta, an 88-year yachting tradition is a chance for sailors to test their skills against the best skippers in the West Coast. It also provides an opportunity to experience the thrill of competitive racing for the first...Read More »