San Diego, January 14, 2017: Bronze medalist Caleb Payne, or Southwestern Yacht Club won the coveted Andy Graham Olympic Trophy. SCYA awards this trophy to salient people making a major contribution in the Olympic Sailing sport. In 2016, Caleb Paine won the bronze medal in the 2016 Rio Olympics sailing the Finn heavyweight dinghies.
Caleb’s international sailing accomplishments is a very long list, which includes:
- 1st overall, Finn, 2011-12 ISAF Sailing World Cup series
- 7th overall, 2014 Finn World Championship (Finn Gold Cup)
- Bronze, ISAF Sailing World Cup Final, 2015
- Pacific Coast High School Disney Trophy Team, Point Loma High School, 2008, 2009
- 5th, Finn, 2014 ISAF Sailing World Cup Hyères
- 4th, Finn, 2013 Delta Lloyd Regatta, Medemblik, NED
- 11th, Finn, ISAF Sailing World Cup Hyères (FRA)
- 11th, Finn, 2013 ISAF Sailing World Cup Palma (ESP)
- 1st, Finn, 2013 ISAF Sailing World Cup Miami (USA)
- 3rd, Finn, 2012 Kiel Week (ISAF Sailing World Cup), Kiel, GER
- 1st, Finn, 2012 Delta Llloyd Regatta (ISAF Sailing World Cup), Medemblik, Holland
- 5th, Finn, US Sailing’s Rolex Miami OCR (ISAF Sailing World Cup)
- 2nd, Finn, 2011 U.S. National Championship, Long Beach, Calif.
- 35th, Finn, 2010 Rolex Miami OCR, Miami, FL (ISAF Sailing World Cup)
- 28th, Finn, 2010 Finn Gold Cup, San Francisco, CA
SCYA congratulates Caleb Paine and Southwestern Yacht Club.